Possession of Drugs for Sale
Are you facing charges for drug sales in Los Angeles?
Possession of drugs for sale is a felony pursuant to California Health and Safety Code 11351. Under this statue, any person who possesses any controlled substance for sale or purchases for purposes of sale, shall be punished by imprisonment for up to four years.
Controlled substances include illegal drugs, such as heroin and cocaine, as well as prescription drugs like Vicodin, codeine, and oxycodone.
Drug sale charges are very serious, and should not be fought alone. If you are facing charges for possession of drugs for sale in California, contact experienced Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Miles Booth at 424 272 1134.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer Miles Booth
How does the prosecution prove that I am guilty of possession of drugs for sale?
To be found guilty of possession of drugs for sale under California Health and Safety Code 11351, the prosecution must prove that you;
- Possessed the drug, in a large enough quantity to use or sell;
- Knew the drug was a controlled substance; AND
- Possessed or purchased the drug with the intent to sell it
How Does the Prosecutor Prove Intent to Sell?
The prosecutor proves intent to sell by showing “indicia of sale”. “Indicia of sale” includes;
- Large amounts of cash
- Substantial quantity of the drugs
- Multiple cell phones
- Materials, including small baggies and scales
- Many people coming and going from a location in a short period of time
How can I defend myself against charges for possession of drugs for sale?
Being charged with possession of drugs for sale use can be frightening and can come with a harsh stigma. A skilled Los Angeles criminal defense attorney can help you defend yourself, protect your reputation and potentially get your case reduced or dismissed. Some of the most common legal defenses to possession of drugs for personal use are that;
- You were arrested after an unlawful search and seizure
- The drugs were for personal use
- You were unaware of the presence of the controlled substance
- The drugs in question belonged to someone else
Just because you have been accused of, or charged with possession of drugs for sale does not mean that you will be convicted. Call Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Miles Booth at 424 272 1134 to discuss how to best defend your case.
What are the Penalties for Possession of Drugs for Sale?
California Health and Safety Code 11351 is punishable by;
- 2, 3 or 4 years imprisonment,
- a maximum fine of $20,000, and/or
- possible deportation for non U.S. citizens.
Alternatively, a skilled Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer may be able to get you probation with minimal custody time. It is also important to note, that unlike possession of drugs for personal use, a conviction under 11351 will make you ineligible for diversion.
Additional Penalties and Enhancements
If you have a very large quantity of drugs may face enhancements that result in more prison time.
- Over 1 kg of the controlled substance results in an additional 3 years imprisonment.
- Over 2 kg of the controlled substance results in an additional 5 years imprisonment.
- Over 10 kg of the controlled substance results in an additional 10 years imprisonment.
- Over 20 kg of the controlled substance results in an additional 15 years imprisonment.
- Over 40 kg of the controlled substance results in an additional 20 years imprisonment.
- Over 80 kg of the controlled substance results in an additional 25 years imprisonment.
Having a drug sales conviction on your criminal record has far reaching consequence. A conviction can make it more difficult to do simple things like get housing or find a job. Since the charge will show up on any background check, potential employers and landlords may be hesitant to hire you or rent to you. Additionally, you may lose financial aid if you are a student, or have your professional license revoked if your employment requires licensure.
Contact Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer miles booth
It is important to have a professional and skilled defense attorney by your side. Miles Booth has successfully handled a wide variety of drug related cases resulting in a dismissal or a charge reduction.
As a former prosecutor, Miles Booth understands the complexities of these cases and the blueprints for beating, or substantially mitigating the charges. Miles Booth has handled thousands of cases all throughout Los Angeles County. He has substantial knowledge and experience, and will aggressively fight to get you the absolute best outcome possible.
If you are facing charges for possession of drugs for sale in Los Angeles County, contact Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer, Miles Booth, for a free consultation at 424 272 1134.
- Possession of Drugs for Personal Use
- Possession of Drugs for Sale
- Drug Trafficking
- Manufacturing a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
"Miles was an excellent resource and amazing attorney. He is honest, and extremely professional. He got several of my cases dismissed, and takes his time with his work. I would recommend him to anyone looking for someone awesome."
“He was God sent! He worked on my case diligently....updating me with every single detail...
telling me not to stress and just leave everything to him. He never failed to answer all the
questions I asked him...explaining terms I didn't understand. Then I got the good news, the case was closed!
For the first time, I had a good night sleep and woke-up late! I'm back to living a normal life...sleepless nights are over...no stress...no more worrying about the case. This is all because of you, Miles, thank you so much!”
Miles is intelligent and knows the inner workings of the Judicial System. He is very professional and savvy.
He gives much thought to his cases and more importantly to his clients.
He is accessible and responsive when communicating, and always makes time for my phone calls and promptly returns emails. Five stars is not enough for Miles.
Criminal Defense Lawyer
Contact Miles Booth
Criminal Defense Lawyer
424 272 1134Email:
2716 Ocean Park Blvd # 2007
Santa Monica, CA 90405
|Monday||7am - 9pm|
|Tuesday||7am - 9pm|
|Wednesday||7am - 9pm|
|Thursday||7am - 9pm|
|Friday||7am - 9pm|
|Saturday||7am - 9pm|
|Sunday||7am - 9pm|